Language: English (British or American; but consistency shall be maintained)
Article file format: MS Word only
Font: Times New Roman.
Text: 1.5 spaced, justified.
Page style: 1′ margins, A4 format
Footnotes & Endnotes: Not to be used
First page of the text should include:
– the title of the manuscript,
– the author’s and co-authors names and institutional affiliations, together with e-mail addresses for correspondence,
– abstract of no more than 200 words. This should summarize the essence of the whole paper and not just the conclusions,
– up to five keywords.
Tables and Figures: Must be properly labeled. Shall be placed in main text body, where it belongs. Source must be specified, if taken from some secondary source.
Referencing: APA referencing style is recommend. Visit http://www2.eit.ac.nz/ for detailed guidelines. Illustration of APA style is as follows:
• Aaker, D. (2003). The Power of the Branded Differentiator. MIT Sloan Management Review, 45(1), 83-87.
• Talukdar, D., Sudhir, K., & Ainslie, A. (2002). Investigating New Products Diffusion across Products and Countries. Marketing Science, 21(1), 97-114.
Article in magazine or newspaper
• Goodwin, S. (2009, January 28). Will emerging markets manage the crisis? Business Gazette, p. A4.
• Cain, K. (2012). The Negative Effects of Facebook on Communication. Social Media Today RSS. Retrieved January 3, 2013, from http://socialmediatoday.com
• Porter, M. E. (1992). The Competitive Advantage of Nations (3rd ed.). LondonBasingstoke: Macmillan Press.
Submitting your article to International Journal of Social Sciences and Information Technology (IJSSIT) means that your work has not been published before in any other journal/ book/ proceeding (except in the form of an academic thesis, dissertation), that it is also not in any way under consideration for publication elsewhere. Further, article submission implies that there is no conflict of interest at any level.
All research articles will be blind reviewed by at least two anonymous reviewers appointed by the Editor. IJSSIT follows rapid review system so as to reduce time between article submission and subsequent publication. Editor reserves the rights to make needed change in submitted article at editing stage.
Copyrights of published works are retained by the author(s) but with first publication rights granted to IJSSIT. Further, in case of any plagiarism issue author(s) hold(s) complete liability.
International Journal of Social Sciences and Information Technology (IJSSIT, KENYA) being an Open Access journal, all its content is freely available without charges to readers. Further, the journal does not receive any grant/ aid. So as to cover the journals operational expenses (proofreading, layout designing etc), IJSSIT charges nominal article processing fee (irrespective of no. of authors and pages), which is to be paid only after an article has been accepted.
Region Publication Fee (To be Revised *)
Kenya Ksh 9,816
Rest of the World 70 $ USD
Mode of Payment: Details are furnished to authors once their article is accepted. Authors can choose any of the convenient options.
1. Send money using Mpesa
2. PayPal account
New issues are on 15th of every month.